SF: Spatsa Gallery, .
Printed by Dave Haselwood of Auerhahn press. In 1958 Dimitri Grachis opened the Spatsa Gallery in a converted two-car garage in the Marina district. The artists, Beats, and bohemians who had been part of the scene at the recently defunct 6 Gallery soon shifted their attention to the Spatsa making it the new focal point for the SF avant-garde. This is an early show for Michael (here referred to as "Mike") McClure, but one of the last shows for the short-lived Spatsa that closed later the same year. Addressed and postmarked to Jim Elliot of LACMA on verso. Single pin hole to the top, else very near fine (4" x 7"). Ephemera from this venue seldom appears on the market.